Nov 20 -27, 2021
“Deep peace of the running wave to you.Deep peace of the flowing air to you.Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.Deep peace of the shining stars to you.Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.”~ Gaelic Blessing
Haramara eco-luxury retreat center, located in the sacred Huichol land on Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit, is designed to be a place for humanity to come and heal through nature.
As a collective we have become increasingly disconnected from our planet and as a result we, our society and our earth are overwhelmed, dis-eased and out of balance.
Here, where the jungle meets the sea, we will take a journey through the five elements, known in yogic terms as the panchamahabhutas, of earth, water, fire, air and ether.
Supported by the land, the elements and the practices of yoga asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra, mantra, conscious dance and kirtan, this journey will help you reawaken an intimate relationship with the forces of nature as they exist within you and all around and return you to your natural radiant state of inner harmony and balance.
In order for the body, mind and spirit to restore, rest is needed.
There will be plenty of time for long naps on the beach, in your cabana or by the pool.
You may also wish to receive healing sessions and bodywork from the very skilled Haramara practitioners.
Other moments will be filled with extended scrumptious organic meals, sunsets at the infinity pool, time with friends and time for self-reflection and simply being.
Drawing on the ancient teachings and wisdom of yoga, conscious dance and earth based practices, Julia holds a safe and loving space for your soul’s evolution.
Some of the tools of this journey are:
• Hatha yoga
• Conscious movement practices
• Journalling and self enquiry practices
• Yoga Nidra
• Temezkal (Sweat Lodge)
Julia offers an all level heart-centered hatha practice infused with classical kundalini teachings from the Nath lineage.
Expect a combination of asana, pranayama, mantra, mudra, yoga nidra (guided relaxation) and meditation that will both relax and enliven your whole self. Release stress and tension and awaken greater harmony and balance on all levels. Let the mind come home to rest in the unchanging peace of your innermost being.
Kirtan is a call and response chanting practice that moves the heart towards an experience of inner silence, boundless love, and intimate union with the Divine.
While singing is involved it is not necessary to be able to sing or sound good.
As you allow the sacred sounds of the mantras to vibrate through the body it has the magical effect of raising the vibration in the body, mind, heart and soul, very quickly bringing a sense of wellbeing and happiness.
This effect can often be felt way beyond the duration of the practice. The more you chant the more this feeling of wellbeing starts to permeate your daily life.
A guided meditation in motion with an invitation to move freely, beyond any ideas of right or wrong, in order to discover your unique fully alive authentic expression both on the dance floor and more importantly in the everyday.
It will support you to feel more at home in your body, awaken body wisdom and move into living a more embodied existence in daily life.
Julia is a facilitator of Soul Motion Dance, Dancing Freedom and her own practice Divine Motion.
Temazkal (Sweat Lodge)
Each sweatlodge ceremony is it’s own unique and profound shamanic rite of passage. In this ancient North American tradition we enter a womb-like dome and use our songs, sweat and prayers to purify the mind, body, and spirit. This journey bridges spirit and matter and opens the gateway to healing on all levels.
• 7 Nights, Eco-luxury accommodation at the paradise of Haramara in Sayulita, Mexico
• 3 gourmet meals daily by one of the finest chefs in Mexico – delicious, planed-based, organic, fresh and locally picked foods same day as served!
• 2 daily sessions of transformative practices
• Temazkal (sweat-lodge) Ceremony with local Medicine Shaman
• Bonfire Circle on the beach
• Enjoy exotic private beaches at any time
• Saltwater Infinity Pool, hammocks and hot tub
• Quiet time to reflect, reset, relax, journal, read, nourish yourself
• Connection with like-hearted friends and retreat participants
• Scrumptious and healthy drinks, snacks and treats from the pool bar
• Amazing healing and bodywork sessions available onsite in the healing sanctuary
• Roundtrip airfare to Mexico
• Ground transportation in Mexico
• Optional excursions and activities
• Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Quad: $1650* / $1950
Triple: $1850* / $2150
Double (2 singles or 1 King): $2050* / $2350
Ocean View Single: $2700* / $3000
* Reflects early bird pricing through July 15th, 2021
• Rates include all taxes
• $600 Non-Refundable Deposit secures your spot and room choice with full payment required by August 15th
• For all shared accommodation it is best to book with a friend. If you are traveling solo we will do our best to match you with someone. However, in the event there are no participants looking for a roommate you will have the following options:
• Book in at the dorm rate space permitting
• Be placed in a single at the ‘forced single occupancy rate’ of $2500
• Please read the terms and conditions before booking
Save $300 if you book before July 15th, 2021!
Type of Retreat: Creative, Wellness, Yoga
Style of Yoga: Hatha
Additional Information, Questions & Registration:
Contact Name: Julia Berkeley
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: +1 714 276 5211
Online Registration: https://www.juliaberkeley.com/haramara-retreat
About the Instructors:
Julia Berkeley delights in supporting others to awaken the light within through the practices of yoga, dance and kirtan.
Having been a dedicated yoga practitioner for over 20 years and now teacher, E-RYT 500, Julia brings you a depth and wisdom that is the fruit of wide explorations, not only as a yogini, but also as a dancer, healer and musician.
Originally from London, UK, she currently resides in Ojai, California where she offers yoga, kirtan and healing sessions locally and online.
Find out more and listen to her latest recordings at www.juliaberkeley.com/music
Facilitator trainings and certifications:
E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
Akhanda Yoga Classical Kundalini Teacher
Soul Motion® Facilitator
Dancing Freedom Facilitator
Dip. Soul Care and Shamanic Healing
Cert. Energetic Healing
Dip. Energetic and Shamanic Healing
Cert. Australian Bush Flower Essences practitioner
Cert. Delta Gardens Flower Essence practitioner